Stratford, CT HQ
The Test Engineer role at Kitchen Brains provides engineering support and guidance to the day-today operations of the manufacturing operations floor.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Works closely with Engineering department concerning product design to ensure efficient test methods.
- Designs the manufacturing test process for new parts or products.
- Interfaces with test equipment suppliers on test equipment selection, issues and maintenance.
- Reviews and signs off on all ECR’s and generate ECR’s as required.
- Maintains & programs the LabVIEW/TestStand, In-Circuit Test stations.
- Configure and set up computer software at a systems level.
- Troubleshoots PCB’s to the component level.
- Designs, builds, sets up and operates automatic and manual test equipment including in circuit test, functional tests, and bench tests.
- Pre-qualify alternate components.
- Does root cause analysis on in house and field product.
- Generates and maintains CAR & SCAR database.
- Writes, maintains and trains operators on procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production test equipment as required.
- Track and report on test first pass yield metrics.
- Supports the execution of Lean events / Continuous Improvement.
- Support production as needed (first article inspection, special builds, etc…).
- S.E.E. or equivalent work experience and a minimum of seven years of experience in related field.
- Conversant with configuring computers for communications protocol.
- Able to interpret PCB schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, process sheets and test procedures.
- Competent in troubleshooting electronic circuits containing simple microprocessor designs, power supplies, AC and DC circuits down to the component level.
- Good soldering and de-solder skills for both thru hole and surface mount components.
- Hands on ability for light mechanical assembly.
- Familiar with the use of oscilloscopes, frequency counter, digital voltmeter, flash programming tools.
- Familiar with IPC specifications and/or IPC certification is a plus.
- Fluent in LabVIEW/Test Stand and In Circuit Testing
- Able to modify existing and write new test programs for the LabVIEW/TestStand and In-Circuit test equipment.
- MS Suite especially Excel
- Exceptional reasoning & technical problem solving skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and well organized.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written required.
- Able to work independently.
- Be able to multitask well working on several projects and/or tasks in parallel.
Equal Opportunity Employer