Sr. Software Engineer – Linux Kernel and Drivers
Position: Sr. Software Engineer – Linux Kernel and Drivers
Location: 905 Honeyspot Road
Stratford, CT 06615
Our Win-Win Proposition at Kitchen Brains
Ours is a company in transition from our long-established success in manufacturing to an integrated, contemporary IoT platform of hardware and software solutions. We seek committed professionals to join us in our pursuit of excellence in the way we capture market share, innovate products and solutions, serve our clients and reinforce our brand. In return, we provide challenge, opportunity, learning, career development and satisfaction to our employees. This is an intentional, win-win proposition aimed at fostering a culture of success for all of our stakeholders.
Kitchen Brains is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
- Ability to Configure and customize Linux Kernels and Device Drivers for Video, WiFi, and SD Memory, for SOM or embedded processor designs. Experienced with Linux networks, Security and IPC programming
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Embedded Linux
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years software development experience using C/C++.
- Software Version Management
- Use of software debuggers and emulators, compilers, linkers, and build environments
- Must have experience launching products into production
- Must be able to read electrical schematics and integrate and debug hardware, software, sensors.
- Have knowledge of and experience using Lab equipment (oscilloscopes, meters, logic analyzers etc.)
- Project Management. Plan, estimate, sequence, and measure completed work.
- Collaborate cross functionally to investigate, root-cause, and solve technical issues
- Conduct Software Design and Code reviews
Beneficial Skills, Experience, and Education
- Formal Software Behavior specification approaches such as UML, OO, State Machines, Data Flow Diagrams, Flow-Charts.
- Experience with Software Quality Control, issues tracking, gate reviews, review checklists
- Hardware design and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Formal Software Test Methods, tools, procedures
- Software Quality Assurance measurement and improvement
- Development of software under IEC, ISO, UL, DO-178C, or other formal software Quality Management Systems. The ISO/IEC 12207 Systems and software engineering – Software life cycle process